Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Freakin out!!!

Shawn's birthday is quickly approaching (March 8). Shawn wanted to invite his friends from school and after going back and forth on who we were going to invite, we decided to just go ahead and invite his entire class + my 2 cousins and Shawn's friend from school from last year. So far only 1 person from his class has RSVP. I'm freaking out right now...should I wait a little longer? Would it be tacky to invite other friends at the last minute? We're already paying for the kids to be there so I would like to get my money's worth at least. I had a feeling that most of the kids probably wouldn't be able to make it but I thought they would at least rsvp. Should I send in notes for Shawn's teacher to hand out and remind the parents to please rsvp? What should I do??? I'm going crazy thinking about it!!!

1 comments:

Melodie said...

It bugs the crap out of me when people don't RSVP. Parents should know better than to not RSVP for a birthday party at a place where you have to pay for each child who attends (and especially for the ones where there is a minimum charge). Did you put a date for the parents to RSVP by? If you did, and you don't have enough kids to fill up your party, go ahead and invite more kids. If you didn't, you might want to send a little note to school to send home with the class letting the parents know that you neglected to put an RSVP deadline, but that you really need a response by such-and-such date because you have to give a final count to the place you're having the party. Then invite more kids if you still don't have enough responses.
Good luck with all of this!