Thursday, February 7, 2008

Birthday Plans

First off, since I know you read my blog, I would like to thank my SS for the tasty treat you left me today. It was really cute and yummy! And thank you sooooo much for not dropping it off yesterday, lol.


I started making plans for Shawn's birthday. I wasn't planning on spending a lot on a party but if you host a party, you end up spending a lot anyway plus you have to clean up afterwards so we decided just to go ahead and spend the money and have it somewhere else. I asked Shawn where he wanted to have his birthday and he said Chuck-E-Cheese. Now I hate CEC and told Shawn I was never taking him there again (I'll save that story for another post). So I asked him what his second choice was and he said the Kidz Bounce Zone so I went ahead and reserved the date (March 8). Now the next task is figuring out the guest list. We are trying to keep it to 15 kids this year. I've been going back and fourth on who to ask...should I just invite his close friends from school or do I need to invite the whole class? He has 19 kids in his class and even though I know at least half won't come, that still doesn't leave much room to invite anyone else. What about our play group friends? I think I'm going to ask Shawn who he wants to invite first and see what he comes up with. Oh, and if you're reading this and you don't get an invitation please don't feel unloved. If it were up to me and I didn't have to worry about paying for the party, I would invite everyone we knew.

1 comments:

Scarlett said...

Don't feel bad. We've been in that situation before. You can't invite everyone to everything. Find out who he REALLY REALLY wants there, and those will be the people to invite. The most important thing is that he has fun and has his closest friends there with him.