Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm glad that's over with...

Shawn scored a goal in today's game and his grandparents were there to see it. He's been playing much better the last two weeks. He's being more aggressive and going after the ball instead of waiting for someone on the other team to kick it. We just barely made it in time for the game because some genius decided that it would be a good idea to have a softball tournament at the same time as the soccer games. It's difficult finding parking when it's just the soccer teams. Anyway, it took me 15 minutes after I turned into the entrance to get to the dirt parking lot in the back (it should only take 1-2 minutes). I had my window rolled down and heard people say there wasn't any parking in the dirt parking lot but I turned in anyway and luckily, someone was pulling out so I was able to park right away. We weren't the only ones late. One of the other boys on the team got there after the game started.

I was a little worried about the whole concession stand thing but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I was the only one from my team that was working because everyone else paid the extra money to opt out of it. Luckily, there were two other teams signed up at the same time and there were more than enough people there. The time went by quickly but by the time I got done, my legs were killing me. My lower back has been bothering me since yesterday and this didn't help either. I'm going to take some drugs tonight and hopefully wake up a new person.

Don did a craft show in Lake Placid today. He said it took about two hours to get there. It wasn't a great show for him but he still sold 22 necklaces so that more than covers the booth fee. He goes back tomorrow. Also, we sold another necklace from our website.

1 comments:

Melodie said...

Karen,
They have that stupid softball tournament there every year. I can't wait until they move the softball fields to their new location and put in more soccer fields.
Congratulations to Shawn on his goal. Way to go!