Friday, February 15, 2008

New Baby to Hold

No, I'm not pregnant. My cousin is in town with her 3 month old daughter. I'm so excited to see her. They came in yesterday and we went over Julie's for dinner. It was so weird holding Emily, she looks just like Angie did when she was a baby. I'm 9 years older than Angie so I remember when she was a baby and Emily looks just like her! I didn't get any pictures of her yesterday because I was too busy holding and playing with the baby. I'll be sure to post pictures soon. We're going to see them tomorrow.

Update on our shelving...It's installed! After talking with Andy and my Dad, Don decided to take their advice and buy a different kind of concrete screw (don't ask what kind because I don't know). I can't wait to start organizing! I desperately need to purge some toys!

Today, Joshua and I participated in a Valentine's Day Celebration at Central Park Healthcare Rehab Center. I'm pretty sure most of the patients that were there were at least 80 yrs old. Aimee Carter from Delightful Sounds set it up and we sang some songs and danced around. We had so much fun! The old people loved Joshua. He did great and wasn't scared of them at all. He even gave one of the old ladies a kiss. They seemed really excited to watch the kids and then it made me feel kind of sad also. I think I'm going to check my church to see if they have any type of ministry that visits retirement homes and see if they allow children to visit. I think it would be kind of fun to take Joshua to visit some old people, lol.

1 comments:

Working Mama said...

The visit to the older folks sounds like a great time for everyone. I think it's a great idea to take the kids to visit some nursing homes! let me know if you find out about any such opportunities!
Andrea