Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday recap...

Our yard sale was a success today. We started setting up at 6am and by 8am, we had people stopping by. I didn't make as much money as I would have liked but we didn't do so bad either. The Little Tikes sports car bed frame did not sell and a few other big items didn't either. At the end of the day when Don was getting ready to clean up, he offered a couple walking through the neighborhood their choice of anything left for free just so we could get rid of it. They ended up taking the coffee table, a computer, a computer desk that Don built, and some other small items and then gave Don $20.00 for it even though Don was giving it to them for free. I just listed most of the other stuff on freecycle or freeshare (whatever it's called now). A few things did make it back in the garage but not much. Mostly clothes that I'll probably donate, a hand woven rug (that I actually bought in Dubai), and a pair of roller blades. I told Don not to give away the rug. I was ready to sell it but it's probably worth over $100.00 and I was trying to sell it at a yard sale for $50.00. People just weren't getting the fact that it wasn't a rug we bought at Wal-mart and I wasn't ready to just give it away. The roller blades were worth about $80.00 new and I had a roller blade bag to put them in. The bag itself was probably worth $20.00 but no one was even looking at them. I guess roller blading is out of style now? I'll post before and after pictures soon.

I took Shawn to get his haircut after the garage sale. I'm so happy we found Casey! Anyway, she told me that Gel-E-Beans was closed now. That was a total shock! I'm really surprised that they were doing so bad since there isn't any other kids salon around here. I guess I have to start taking Joshua to Salon 705 now too.

After a busy day, we ended the evening with dinner at my Aunt's house to visit with relatives from MD and to celebrate Joshua, Aiden, and Andy's birthday. Here's a few pics:





2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a very busy day...I'm sure it was nice just to relax at the end of the yard sale and celebrate all the birthday's...Happy Birthday to Joshua!!

Working Mama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!!! Can you belive he's 2!!! Wow!
Sounds like a busy & productive day! Glad you got a lot accomplished and go to celebrate too.
A friend of mine just told me that Gel-EE-Beans closed & that basically all the stylists worked normally on Saturday and that the owner came in on Sunday, cleared out everything without anyone's knowledge and called them on Monday saying "don't come to work, salon is closed"! If anyone finds Blanca, let me know - she did Matthew's hair the best!
Andrea