Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I stand corrected...

Yesterday when I came back home from dropping Shawn at school, the entire pile of trash was gone. I was in shock. I really didn't think they would take the side table, lol. When I went outside to take a picture of our trash pile, Don came out to see what I was doing with the camera. He just couldn't understand why I was taking a picture of trash. Anyway, Don said that someone must have taken the water cooler because it wasn't there anymore. I don't have a problem with someone rescuing trash to reuse but that water cooler really did need to go to water cooler heaven! If not, I would have kept it until this Saturday and tried to sell it at the garage sale. The pile didn't look nearly as big as the other day because Don broke down all the boxes and had them neatly stacked. I will post pictures after this Saturday with the other before and after pics.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

That's great that they took everything...I didn't want to say anything, but I was concerned when you said monitors. I know by me, the garbagemen do not take any type of electronics. We always have to go to the dump. Of course, we are not innocent and sometimes there are smaller items that you can hide...Guilty as charged!!!

Heather said...

People will trashpick ANYTHING so maybe most of it got grabbed up before the trashmen came?

Working Mama said...

Truly one person's trash is another's treasure! Great that it worked for you!
Andrea

Kandee said...

There's a husband and wife that drive down our street on trash day and pick through everyone's junk. I saw them pull out old mini blinds one day from my neighbor's trash can. Most of our old junk gets picked up by these people (or others) before the trash man arrives. It's almost comical to wake up and find it "missing". We are planning a garage sale soon and will begin the "thumbing through our stuff" mode soon.