Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cleaning out the garage!

Finally! We've made plans for my dad to come over and play with the kids while Don and I clean out the garage. We are going to do it Clean Sweep style and take everything out and then take things back in and put them in their place whether it is up in the attic or in a plastic bin to be put on shelving. Of course, if there is anything that we plan to sell or donate it will have to come back in also but they will be in boxes or bins labeled and neatly stacked inside the garage. It's going to be a lot of work but I've been looking forward to this day since before Christmas! I'm just so sick of the clutter and things not in place! I'm not sure how much in advance you have to advertise that you are having a garage sale but if we can get an ad in this week, we are going to have a garage sale next weekend. All proceeds go towards my juicer fund, lol. Don't worry Andrea, I'm still coming over tonight and I will even shower first, lol.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

Yeah! I LOVE a project like that! I have about 4 that I need to do (garage, gardening shed, outdoor play shed...yes, we have 2 sheds.... and my office!). I think that sounds awesome, Karen! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Thanks for showering too :) LOL! Please post pics of the "Clean Sweep" process!!!
Andrea

Melodie said...

I am right in the middle of my garage project. I started on it on Wednesday, but I wasn't able to finish it before my Aunt called my about going to get my mother. And you know how things have been since then.
I am hoping to be able to get back to it soon. It does look a whole lot better now, even though it's only half way done.

Heather said...

I have the garage project on my list, but unfortunately Al doesn't seem to care and it's not happening NOW like I want it to. LOL! Good luck with your clean sweep!

Working Mama said...

Where are the pictures!!!! I LOVE to see other people's before & afters!!! It inspires me
andrea