Friday, April 4, 2008

Bed Head

So you might think after looking at the following picture that Shawn just had a bad hair day. Let me set you straight...that's what his hair looks like every morning. I'm not quite sure how it happens since he doesn't go to bed with wet hair.

He is still home from school today since he was still running a fever last night but so far this morning he isn't running a fever. Yippee, just in time for Spring Break (note the sarcasm). So I get to spend another whole week with Shawn. At least we'll be able to leave the house next week. That is if none of us catch what Shawn had. Since Shawn isn't running a fever, I need to get to the library today. I placed a hold on a Speed Racer DVD. It's the first 11 episodes of the cartoon so we'll see what Shawn thinks of it. I've already bought all the Hot Wheel Speed Racer cars (10 of them). They are hidden for right now. I think I'm going to use them as an incentive when we start the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. If he eats all his food, at the end of the day he can pick out a car.

We haven't started the diet yet but I've decided to experiment with some of the recipes so I can find some that are edible to us. This morning I made some pancakes using this recipe. They were ok, definitely edible but nothing I would brag about either. I definitely missed having syrup but I suppose we'll get used to the honey. I asked Shawn to try it and he said he loved it. He was already eating something else so we'll see if he'll eat them tomorrow. Also, I want to see if they freeze well. If they do, it's something I can make a large amount of at one time and it will be one less thing to worry about cooking during the week.

Yesterday our new water filter arrived. Don installed it and we now have clean drinking water. I know there are some people out there that will say that water has no taste and that all bottled water taste the same. I'm not one of them. I can definitely tell the difference in taste between certain brands of bottled water so I was a little scared that I wouldn't like the filtered water since it leaves the minerals in it. I'm happy to say that I liked the taste of the water! I'm going to have to go buy a glass pitcher so we can keep some of the water in the fridge.

4 comments:

Kandee said...

Hannah likes the almond pancakes too. I've found that she likes a lot of things on the diet, that I would care for. Their tastes are definitely different than ours. I'm like you Karen, I can tell a difference in waters too. Glad to hear you like it.

Kandee said...

oops...typo....I meant to say Hannah likes foods that I WOULDN'T care for. he he

Melodie said...

I can tell the difference between some brands of bottled water, too. For example, I prefer to drink Zephyrhills, but I'll also drink Publix spring water, and in a pinch, Aquafina. I absolutely HATE Dasani! It just has such a funny taste to it.
Of course, I've always loved my county tap water.

Working Mama said...

That is some kind of morning hair - LOL! Guess it's good he's not a girl with long hair, it would be worse!!!
Good incentives for the food and glad you got your water filter...yeah!!
andrea