Thursday, July 3, 2008

What else you ask?

Since Andrea asked...We have to repair our fence (there are a few boards that need to be replaced and make sure there are no nails or staples sticking out), child proof the kitchen (right now we have it gated off but I'll be using the eat in kitchen part for meals), replace the kitchen gate (one of my kids broke it), I need to get a fire inspection done, and then a final house inspection.


The biggest part for me now is actually setting up the daycare room. It’s the biggest challenge because I need to buy some things for storage and we don’t really have the money right now. I’m hoping that I can stretch the $1,000 grant I’ll be getting from the YMCA to cover everything I want to get. Luckily, there isn’t too much in the toy area that I’ll need right away but I’ll need some cots, a child sized table and chairs, some small bookcases similar to these to store the toys, a bookcase or book rack to store the books, something like this to store diaper bags/diapers/wipes, a rug for the living room because that’s where they are going to be napping. I'll want to paint it of course.

I have to figure out how to get some shade in the back yard. We can always use the tent we use for the craft fairs but Don won’t want to keep it up overnight so I’m looking for something more permanent. Shade is required to get licensed. I may need to get a few more outdoor toys. I have to have 12 outside activities. So far I have 2 slides, a sandbox (that isn’t set up yet but at least I have one), a playhouse (that should count for at least 2 activities), a wagon, a ride on toy, and some balls. I'd like to get an easel for painting and I like this one but don't want to spend that much on it, lol. I have to call the woman in charge of the grant to let her know I'm done with my 30 hr. child care class and passed all the exams so we can move forward on the whole grant thing. Once I get the grant money spent, I'll be hitting the yard sales!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

I saw some nice easels at Ikea yesterday for $24.95 each. They had a chalk board on one side and white board on the other side.

Melodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

We had bought a canopy tent at Linen & Things over a month ago. Its either 12 X 12 or 10 X 10. It had been on sale and with their coupon, cost use just under $40.00.
Maybe something like that....