Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks!


This was the first year we went to see the fireworks at the mall. My aunt went last year so she was kind of in charge of picking the spot to see them. She also got there earlier than us and saved us parking spots. However, as we were driving in, I saw where they were going to set them off. It was in the woods across from Macy's. I told the rest of the people and I decided I would drive in that area to see if I could find parking spots. I found a ton of parking spots together near the Cheesecake Factory and thought it would be a perfect spot to see the fireworks since there weren't any trees in the way. My Aunt and everyone else didn't want to move though so we ended up in the Toys r Us parking lot. Of course when the fireworks started, there were trees in the way, lol. It wasn't the best spot to see them but we could see most of them fine. I didn't say a thing but you can bet in my mind I was screaming "I told you so!". I thought getting out of there was going to be horrible and it probably would have been if we took the main road around the mall but Don is a pretty smart guy. We crossed over from TRU to the mall side and drive along the road hugging the mall. There was no traffic and we drove all the way over to Sears with absolutely no problems.

1 comments:

Melodie said...

It's so funny how whenever there's a ton of traffic at the mall that the smart ones of us know to "hug the mall" and the rest just sit there in the traffic.