Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Day at the Beach

Don didn't have to work at Lowe's yesterday so we decided earlier in the week to go to the beach. My parents asked us on Wednesday if we wanted to go to the beach with them on Sunday. Coincidence?

We decided to go to Clearwater beach since my Dad said there was a storm brewing in the Gulf but it was supposed to stay south of us. I was a little worried driving to the beach because there were dark clouds everywhere. However, we didn't see one drop of rain on the way there, the whole time we were at the beach, or on the way home. It was overcast most of the time we were there but we all had a great time. I love the beach; I just wish it wasn't so much work! Here's some pictures of our day:

Don setting up the tent. See the dark clouds looming behind?

My Mom
My Dad




7 comments:

Melodie said...

It's a good thing you went to the beach yesterday. I don't know how the weather was at your house, but it was raining here most of the day, and my friends in north Brandon said it was pouring up there all day. Looks like you found the perfect way to stay out of the rain!

Melodie said...

Oh, and who does Shawn get his dark coloring from? He looks darker than all of the rest of you, and in that pic of him with Don, he makes Don look like a ghost!

Working Mama said...

Wow, THAT was Clearwater Beach??? I don't ever think I've seen it with so few people!!! You either went super duper early or picked one fantastic spot that wasn't crowded! Good for you - I have been wanting a beach day since we got back from Cocoa!

Karen said...

We got there around 9:30am but we didn't leave until 2pm and it still wasn't crowded. I guess it just didn't look like a good beach day to most people, lol.

Oh, and Don is really white. He doesn't get out in the sun much. Shawn gets his coloring from my side of the family (we've got some Italian blood). I'll have to post a picture of me when I was about Shawn's age so you can see how dark I was. I have to get Don to hook up the scanner though.

Anonymous said...

Shawn looks like he was going to throw a bucket of water on your mom... too funny! Looks like you had a great time.

Debbie said...

I like going to the beach when there's not a huge amount of people....Its almost like your own private beach!!!

Stacy said...

Looks like you had fun!! And yeah, I'm surprised by the lack of other people in your pictures too!!