Sunday, July 6, 2008

Parade Booty

We got a ton of stuff from the parade but when I saw Karlise's post, I thought to myself "there is no way I'm counting all those beads", lol. However, today I was bored so I did count them. Here's what we got:

98 bead necklaces
4 mini Frisbees
1 spider ring
1 Navy pencil
2 Navy can koozie's
2 packages of flower seeds
2 mini maracas
1 mini beach ball
1 foam light bulb that Joshua bit the end off of
1 foam progressive insurance car
2 bracelets
2 Chick-fil-A coupons for a free kids size icedream
2 American flags
2 Dixie flags
6 bottles of water (thank you God since I forgot our cooler!)
1 ton of candy (even though we were constantly telling them we didn't want it)
1 newspaper
1 ton of advertisements
1 comic book (Don said it wasn't really an appropriate comic book for kids)

I think that's it. I'm pretty sure we still have stuff in the basket of our double camping chair but I think its mostly the advertisements.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, that's a lot of things. I tried to limit the amount of things because Jillian cannot eat most of the candy handed out...The flyers, I just wouldn't do anything with...and the beads...I just slowly gave a bunch away..Those are ok, but I tried to keep it down to 15, if that..We had that Xmen comic book, which I believe I threw out and yes, Jillian loves her foam Progressive car. By the way, GREAT pics of the fireworks...

Karen said...

Oh, trust me; the kids won’t even be seeing most of this stuff. Right now it is in my room in a plastic bag. They will probably end up with the Frisbees, mini beach ball, foam car, and the maracas and that’s about it. We are not keeping the beads! LOL!!!

Melodie said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff.
The parade we went to had a "No Candy" policy, so we mostly just got beads and trinkets. We did get lots of coupons & flyers, too. The best thing we got, though, were little potted plants from the Celebration Garden Club.

Karlise said...

Good heavens! I didn't count everything else I got. You went to town! LOL We also got the Navy stuff and the foam car and 5 of those flower seed packs plus more. Gotta love free stuff!