Thursday, July 10, 2008

Making some changes around here...

I'm getting a little anxious to get my daycare set up. Now that all my classes are done, I have to concentrate on the house. There are things I need money for before I can do some things but I took it upon myself yesterday to start rearranging things. Originally, I was planning on buying another set of drawers for under Joshua's bed. However, the store we originally bought the bed from is no longer open plus we really can't afford to buy it anyway so I started brainstorming and came up with an idea. Shawn's closet is full of shelves to store toys and he had a bar at the bottom for his clothes and they were reachable for him at age 3. I decided to take out the bottom two shelves in his closet and move Joshua's dresser into the closet. Joshua would get the top two drawers and Shawn would get the bottom drawer. Now I have all of Joshua's clothes in the bedroom. Plus, I went through all of Shawn's and Joshua's clothes and pulled out all the clothes that no longer fit. Their bedroom is still a mess though but I'm hoping that once I start organizing the daycare room, I can finish organizing their room also. Taking away two shelves is a problem for storage in their room, lol. The daycare room is also mess right now. Filled with toys with no home. I need some organization!!!

6 comments:

Working Mama said...

It sounds like it is really all coming together. Do you have a date in mind to start?

Karen said...

As soon as I can get everything done and my background screening comes back. We are desperate for the extra income. That's why I'm so antsy to get things done.

Working Mama said...

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed it comes back quickly! I'm sure it will all fall into place soon. Do you have any prospective families yet?

Karen said...

No, but from what I've heard, there is a shortage of home daycares in our area. That's why I'm eligible for the $1,000 grant. I don't think it will be difficult to find kids once I'm licensed.

Debbie said...

Good Luck with getting everything together...Sometimes the biggest battle is figuring out what you need and what needs to be done...Sounds like you have all that. Hopefully everything else will fall in line. What ages will your daycare have....? I know that we have kids the same age, but keep in mind if I am cleaning out and donating things to Purple Heart or Goodwill, I might be able to give you some things. Just let me know what things you might be looking for, especially if they are generic and you are looking for some girly things also...

Debbie said...

Good Luck with getting everything together...Sometimes the biggest battle is figuring out what you need and what needs to be done...Sounds like you have all that. Hopefully everything else will fall in line. What ages will your daycare have....? I know that we have kids the same age, but keep in mind if I am cleaning out and donating things to Purple Heart or Goodwill, I might be able to give you some things. Just let me know what things you might be looking for, especially if they are generic and you are looking for some girly things also...