Thursday, July 24, 2008

I love free things!

I love getting things for free! Today, I responded to a freeshare ad for girls legos. As far as I'm concerned, legos are legos and I didn't think Shawn would care less about them being in a pink box so, we went to go pick them up in the Bloomingdale area. Since they were free, I don't feel like I have the right to complain but...I was a little disappointed in the amount of legos in the box. Here's what we received.


The legos barely covered the bottom of the container, lol. I could fit them in a sandwich sized Ziplock and still have room to spare. I am grateful for free legos. However, I think I paid for them in gas!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm surprised that someone would list it when there didn't seem that much...Hopefully you can find more and then the more the merrier...

How is the whole setup going??

Melodie said...

OMG! I can't believe that there are so few of them. I saw the listing for them and it definitely did not suggest that there would be so few of them. You could store those in a plastic baggie - no need for the big container. The ad should have read, "Pink Lego Container with a handful of girlie legos in it." That would have been much more accurate. With the price of gas these days, I think you got ripped off.

Heather said...

I saw that listing too. Wow, I would have been disappointed. That's why I rarely ever respond to the offers for free stuff, although I list stuff all the time. Unless it's VERY local I'm afraid of just that type of situation. Ugh!

Karen said...

I don't usually respond either, however, I was able to get some Kid k'nex before (not a lot but it was about 5 minutes from the house). I also scored a Little Tykes Young Explorer computer desk with the bench! Those things are really expensive. It just needed to be cleaned up a little. Now we need to find a 13" computer monitor for it, lol. All of ours are too big.