Thursday, March 13, 2008

WTH???

I just want to breath right again. Is that so much to ask? I can not even remember when I didn't have sinus pressure or congestion. I was sure that once we changed out the ac ducts and got our new filtration system that I would be able to breath again. Well it did get rid of my cough but not my sinus congestion. My new doctor gave me an antibiotic to make sure I didn't have a sinus infection and I also had an allergy test. I became convinced that I must have allergies since the antibiotic did nothing. Well I just got my results back and guess what I'm allergic to? Nothing!!! Well, I did barely test positive for being allergic to chocolate. Do you think a food allergy could cause sinus congestion? I haven't talked to my doctor since getting the results but I can't imagine chocolate being the cause. I might just have to live in misery the rest of my life because I don't think I could give up chocolate!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

You could have non-allergic rhinitis like I do. I am allergic to nothing, but I react to everything. All that I can do is treat the symptoms.
I also need to have surgery to help me breathe better. Have you had any x-rays or CT scans done yet? That can give your doctor a better idea if there are any other physical causes to your breathing difficulties. That's how I found out I need surgery.
My doctor also had me do a three-day Afrin test to be sure the surgery would help me. He said to use Afrin for three days. If it helps me to breathe easier, then I would benefit from the surgery (having swollen tissue cut back). If you try this, my doc said not to use the Afrin for more than the three days because it is highly addictive.

Heather said...

OMG, a life without chocolate. I can't imagine.

In all seriousness though, I hope you feel better soon!