Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Book Crossing

Someone sent me a link to the Book Crossing website when we lived in Maryland and I thought it was very cool but at the time, we were getting ready to move to Florida so I never did anything with it. Well now I just found it again through the Frog Pond and I'm so excited. I wanted to find the Book Crossing website but I couldn't remember the name of it. Basically, this is how it works:

You put a label on the inside cover of your book that has a unique Book Crossing ID number. Then you register your book on Book Crossing's website and set your book free. You can leave your book on a park bench, on a table in your favorite coffee house, at the gym, the sky's the limit. Then you can track your book to see where it ended up. You can also search for books that other Book Crossing members have set free. They have label templates that you can print from your printer for free or you can buy fancier ones on their website and they even have weather proof bags in case you want to leave your book outside. I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I have done this in the past(younger days). Very fun to track your book.

Scarlett said...

that sounds neat!

Working Mama said...

I think I had passed that on to the BAM bookclub when it first started up - the book club I had been in did that at times.

Andrea