Sunday, March 9, 2008

Whew, 3 posts in one day!

I had a lot to blog last week and just didn't have the time to sit down to blog so I'm making up for it today





Anyway, I just wanted to blog about going to the zoo last Wednesday. At the advice of some of my friends, I decided to get there early. I left after dropping Shawn off at school thinking there would be a lot of traffic and would take me longer to get there. Traffic wasn't really that bad and we got there about 8:50am, ugh. There was only about 3 other people there waiting but I decided to get Joshua out of the car and get closer to the entrance. We sat next to a woman that had a daughter who looked about 3 and Joshua played with her until the zoo opened up. When the zoo finally opened up, there were probably still less than 100 people in line so I guess I didn't need to get there so early after all. Here are the shirts we got:

This was the shirt they handed out to the adults



This is the shirt they handed out to the kids


They didn't allow you to request sizes and of course we didn't get the right sizes. Joshua got a size M. I think Shawn may be able to wear it in a couple of years, lol.

It was a beautiful day to go to the zoo. It wasn't crowded at all when we first got there and I let Joshua out of the stroller and followed behind him. The only bad part about going was all the construction they were doing at the zoo. They even had part of Africa closed off. You couldn't feed the giraffes but there was a temporary detour to Africa that let you look at the hippos and Okapi,etc. The Okapi were trying to mate (at least the male Okapi was trying, lol). I tried to get a picture but my camera is so old that when you push the button, 10 seconds later it actually takes the picture. Anyway, here are some pictures from our day at the zoo.

See how crowded it was, lol.


All the animals to see and Joshua wanted to play with the door on one of those stupid machines.





1 comments:

Scarlett said...

looks like a great day for the zoo. Wish we could have gone.