Sunday, March 16, 2008

Boring Day

Well, I guess it wasn't boring but lazy. After going to the 8am mass, I was planning on bringing the kids home to eat something and then drive out to FishHawk so they could see the Easter Bunny or Peter Rabbit or whoever it was, but that all changed during mass. Joshua was horrible today! He would not stop talking. No tactic worked today. Shawn wasn't too bad but he wasn't on his best behavior either. After several warnings, I told him we weren't going to see the Easter Bunny. It was for the best anyway because this morning Joshua woke up at 5am and I think one of the reasons he was having a hard time in church was because he was tired. So we literally did nothing the rest of the day. I did not do the dishes like I should have. I did not do a load of laundry or pick up toys or the million other things that need to be done around this house. I felt kind of bad because our church had an Easter Egg hunt today at 1pm but I couldn't take Shawn because of Joshua napping. Oh well.

I'm a little disappointed that Hillsborough County schools don't have off on Friday. I decided last week that I was going to keep Shawn home that day. St. Stephens is having a retreat for kids on Friday and I'm going to sign Shawn up for it. It's from 8:30 to 2:30pm and they provide a snack and pizza for lunch plus they do all kinds of activities. I hope Shawn will enjoy it even though he might not know any other kids there.

Totally changing topics now...I like cats. I have had cats as pets. We do not currently have any cats and don't plan to get any pets until the kids are older. That being said, we have a cat problem. These stupid neighborhood cats like to hang out in our yard. Our neighbor has a few cats that live in his garage. They are outside cats. He leaves the garage door open just enough for them to get in and out of the garage. I know that they account for most of the cats in our yard but there are other neighborhood cats also. Yesterday evening, before it was dark, Don counted 5 cats in our back yard. Now normally, I wouldn't really care but at night all we hear is cats fighting. It's very annoying. I'm starting to think of evil thoughts to get rid of these cats (just kidding). I could not really hurt a cat but it's tempting, lol.

1 comments:

Melodie said...

I'm keeping my girls home from school on Friday, too. When the county decided to not incllude any religious holidays in the school calendar this year, they said that kids could still take the day off to observe their religion's holidays without penalizing their attendance record.

And as for the cats, call Animal Services about them. They can site the cat owner for not keeping them indoors or on his own property. And if he wants to claim that they are not his, then they'll haul them away and put them up for adoption, and they won't be your problem anymore.