Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I don't know what it was about today but I had the urge to do some deep cleaning. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but I hope to still be in the mood to do some more tomorrow. I wiped down the front of the refrigerator, the stove, and half of the kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow, I hope to finish the rest of the cabinets and the front of the dishwasher and then clean out the fridge (it's way over due). I also went through a bunch of Shawn's toys and purged. The hard part about the toys is that we don't really have any place to store them. Our garage is a mess (which we hope to tackle in April) and we don't really feel like adding to the pile of stuff but I want them out of Shawn's room. Some of the toys I'm going to put up on E-bay and some I will donate/swap. I've already thrown away all the broken toys. Ugh, I need some storage! It would help us out tremendously if we had some walk in closets in this house. That's the one thing I haven't been able to get used to. I've had a walk in closet my entire adult life. Even the apartments we rented had walk in closets. It seems like all we do is go through our stuff to see what we can live without and then get rid of it but the pile doesn't seem to move or maybe that's just my imagination. Actually the pile has gotten smaller but there's probably a ton of stuff that needs to go back up in the attic (holiday decorations mainly). I'm just so sick of the clutter!

4 comments:

Melodie said...

I'm right there with you! I have so much clutter that I just need to get rid of. It's just so hard to get anything done with a toddler constantly under foot.

Working Mama said...

We need to have some ceremonial clutter cleansing! I am with you on it...and it doesn't matter if you have a walk-in closet or not! Heck, I have a "live-in" closet and we still have lots of clutter (just NOT in my closet!)
Andrea

Debbie said...

OMG, I cannot believe how much your boys have grown...and not just that, how handsome they are.....I didn't go back to all your blogs, but it sure sounds like you've been busy....I've been toying with the whole "blogging" idea and not sure how to even see who else blogs. I noticed you have a long list, but I feel like I'm invading if I read anyone elses...LOL!!!

Debbie said...

Well that's good to know...I didn't know if you list of mom's from the group, if it was also group stuff, more of the private things, so to speak....