Friday, January 11, 2008

Jumping on the Band Wagon

My friends have inspired me to be a better blogger. They are in a contest to see how long everyone can blog everyday. I've kind of enjoyed reading their blogs so I've decided to jump on the Band Wagon. As if I don't already have enough to do with my life, right? Even though I'm not part of the contest, I'm going to try and keep my Blog updated.

Changing the subject now...I've had some neck pain since Monday. It's not your ordinary stiff neck pain either. It's muscle spasm pain. Normally, I would go to the chiropractor but I know I'll have to go several times and I can't afford the $20.00 copay each visit so I went to my doctor (whom I dislike very much). I keep telling myself that I need to find another doctor because I can't stand this one but then something happens where I need to get a same day appointment so I go back to the doctor whom I dislike because they already have my record. I still have some pain but it is getting better. At least now I can move my head a little more than before.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be a stay at home mom. We can't afford to live off of Don's salary. We've been going downhill ever since Don quit working at Lowe's. We depended on that extra income. So I've decided to take things into my own hands and look for a job. I applied to Geico and went in for the testing on Tuesday. I passed all the tests and had a screening interview so far. I should hear back from them soon to see if I move onto the second interview. Although the pay is good, I really don't want to work all the way out there. I also applied to Progressive but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I was really hoping to work there since it's closer and the facilities look really nice. They even have a gym for their employees. I'm sure my neck pain was a result of me worrying about going back to work and having to put Joshua in daycare. If I do get a job and we have put the kids in daycare, I'm going to look into a babysitter/nanny to watch them at the house. We have major transportation issues. Don can't fit both car seats in his truck so there would be no way for him to pick the kids up from daycare. So I would have to get the perfect shift or find a nanny. What fun!

0 comments: