Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yeah, we have bus transportation!

Shawn is finally riding the bus! Last Thursday, I decided to just go ahead and register him for the regular bus online. It told me that I needed a e-mail confirmation before he could ride the bus. Well, I never got one so yesterday I stopped by the office after dropping Shawn off and explained my situation to the secretary. She had me fill out a form and told me that as long as they provided the bus driver with that form, she couldn't refuse him. So she gave me a pink armband to attach to his backpack (the buses are color coded) and asked if I wanted him to ride the bus home that day. At first I was getting ready to say yes but decided to wait until today. I didn't want Shawn freaking out since he didn't know he would be riding the bus. Plus, this is the "real" bus and he wouldn't have any idea where to get off at. This morning when I took Shawn to school, I showed him where the bus stop was and told him that's where he needs to get off of the bus and that I would be waiting for him there. I just crossed my fingers this afternoon that he was on that bus, lol. I took my cell phone to the bus stop just in case. Everything was ok; Shawn was on the bus. The bus driver even stopped him before he got off the bus and asked him where his mom was so I felt good about that. So no more car lines for me!!!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Congratulations, Karen!

Of course, no my girls are having bus problems, and I am going to have to go in to the school tomorrow and discuss the situation with the assistant principal.

Debbie said...

Great! Glad you persisted and ended up results you are thrilled with...Yay, no car lines!!!