Monday, August 18, 2008

Update #2

Well, I ended up picking up Shawn anyway. Around 3pm, Mrs. Barber (the EELP teacher) called me to ask me if I was wondering where Shawn was. Then she told me he was in the office because the bus driver has a different list then the school has and since he wasn't on her list, she wasn't taking him. He wasn't the only one who didn't make it on that bus. She also said that they were trying to get him removed from the ESE bus and put on the regular ed bus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that doesn't happen. It's so convenient to walk out in front of the house to get him from the bus. I don't even have to wake up Joshua if he's still sleeping. So for now I guess Shawn is going to be a car rider until further notice. Should I charge the transportation department my gas money?

5 comments:

Working Mama said...

Well how did he like class???? Sorry you have to drive him but thank goodness he wasn't on some wrong bus God knows where!

Karen said...

Well, Shawn is not really like most kids. I can't get much information out of him. If I ask him how his day is, he says fine. If I ask him what he did today, he says he can't remember. If I ask him who he played with at recess, he says no one. He seemed like he had a good day except that he didn't eat his lunch. The only thing he ate was the applesauce. Even the brownie was still there. He didn't even touch his juice.

Debbie said...

How horrible to have to deal with the whole transportation thing. On one hand, starting school is exciting for Shawn and you, but on the other hand, you have to dread the outcome of busing....Hope it all works out and you are able to stick to the system you want....Good Luck!

Melodie said...

I'm wondering why they waited until three to call you to tell you that Shawn was not going to be on the bus.

Karen said...

I guess they were arguing with the bus driver. Shawn was not the only one that she wouldn’t take home. Mrs. Barber called as soon as they found out the bus driver wasn’t taking them for sure. I don’t blame the school at all. Bus transportation is so screwed up this year. It actually worked out better because the pick up car line was gone and the last of the buses were leaving the front so I could pull up into a parking space in front of the office to pick him up.

Karen