Sunday, August 10, 2008

This and That...

I got my car washed today. I think it was the first time in like 2 yrs., lol! All Joshua wanted to do was squirt the hose.





I have mixed feelings about school starting. On one hand, I'll be glad when Shawn goes back to school because it is good for him and he'll be busy all day. On the other hand, it's so much more work for me trying to pack his lunch (because of the fact that most of what we eat is not finger food and it's warm). I have to call or drop by the school to see if I can make an appointment with the school nurse. Shawn is going to have to take a digestive enzyme with his lunch and I know I can't just pack it in his lunch box. Plus, I need to have it documented somewhere that he's allergic to peanuts and he can't eat any food unless it's from home.

I've been preparing Shawn all summer about starting first grade. I've been telling him when he goes back to school, he'll have a different teacher. I wanted it to sink in because he had Mrs. Barber for 2 years and I wanted to make sure he knew that Mrs. Errity wasn't going to be his teacher this year. We got the packet from the school on Friday and guess who his teacher is? That's right...Mrs. Errity! She's now a first grade teacher. Shawn is super excited! In a way, I'm a little disappointed but at least I know he has a good teacher. She's easy to get along with and she already knows Shawn. This will be the third year he's been in her class. Shawn used to go to her class for 2 hrs. twice a week during his last year in EELP to help transition him into kindergarten. We are already for school. No new clothes since they all fit from last year. I may have to buy him some jeans when it starts to get cold and I'll probably have to buy him shoes before the end of the school year but for now he's all set.

I made some roasted kale this afternoon. Check out my other blog to read about it.

1 comments:

Melodie said...

Emily's neurologist told us to give her OTC ibuprofen whenever she gets a headache to try to keep it from becoming a full blown migraine. I had to get a doctor's note for the school nurse to give it to her. That's usually how it works for non-Rx meds. Of course, if it's not a drug, they may have a different policy.