Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bob the Builder Vs. Handy Manny

Who would win?

Shawn LOVED Bob the Builder when he was 2 and 3. He couldn't get enough of Bob. I saved all the Bob the Builder toys (not like we had a lot of them) for Joshua but every time Joshua plays with Bob, he calls him Handy Manny, lol. Joshua doesn't really care too much to watch Handy Manny right now or Bob the Builder for that matter, but he does watch Handy Manny enough to know who he is. Let's compare:

They are both builders/repair guys. They both have helpers - Manny has the tools and Bob has his crew. They both have girls in their lives that help them out - Manny has Kelly and Bob has Wendy. They're both bachelors. Personally, I like the old Bob the Builder cartoons with the old Spud (I don't like the new Spud's voice). Who do you vote for?

11 comments:

Working Mama said...

Well I've never seen or even heard of Handy Manny so I'd have to vote for Bob. And I didn't know they changed Spud's voice since we don't watch it on t.v.! I guess I'm out of the loop!

Karen said...

LOL, Andrea. Spud is now English. He has an English accent. Handy Manny is on the Disney Channel everyday. Oh, and I think it's great that your kids don't know who Handy Manny is. That means they are probably doing something constructive!

Melodie said...

I've never seen either show, but my cousin's sons were into Bob the Builder when they were younger, so I do know who he is and would probably recognize him if I saw him.

Working Mama said...

Spud is British now? Well, that makes absolutely no sense! Do they think kids will think he's smarter because he sounds British vs. the silly voice he had before? What's next? Is Goofy going Brit too? LOL!

Karen said...

Bob has a different voice also but he's not British. I'm not sure why they chose the voice they did for Spud.

Melodie, I can't believe you've never seen Handy Manny. It comes on right after Micky Mouse Clubhouse. But you are excused since you have girls, lol.

jennifer said...

Has Manny ever had a rocking music video like Bob. You gotta love him for that!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while trying to find out why bob the builder is disappearing from stores. They tell me at Walmart and at Toys R Us that he's being replaced by Handy Manny? Who decides this stuff? Bob is so much cooler. He has tools and TRUCKS. My 3 yr. old loves Bob and I had a terribly hard time finding party supplies or the little toys at stores anywhere!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I hate to point this out, but Bob the Builder was originally a British show, thus the co-credits with the BBC at the end.

Thus the "original" Bob, has a middle england voice. I'd suggest that keeping "spud" with his english voice is a cost saving measure. It means not re-dubbing him.

As for the US vs UK Bob's. Either way, Bob is a cool rocker!
I rather like the cherpy American Bob.

Bob in the UK is probably polish anyway:)