Friday, August 15, 2008

I knew I was forgetting something...

Today was the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary which means we have to go to church. Our church had mass times at 8am; 5:30pm; and 7pm. I was planning on going to the 8am mass because I felt it would work out best for the kids. Anyway, I totally forgot this morning! We ended up going to the 5:30pm mass which meant an early dinner. We barely made it to church on time. I kept telling God to help us get there on time since we left the house later than we should have and waited about 10 minutes at the intersection of Lithia Pinecrest and Lumsden. When we pulled up to the church there was a fire engine out front. Someone got hurt coming into the church and the paramedics were working on her inside. So mass didn't actually start until 5:40pm. The kids were horrible. Shawn could not sit still for the life of him and Joshua kept humming and I couldn't get him to stop. The more I tried to hush Joshua the louder he started humming. I could only take comfort in knowing the Blessed Mother knew what I was going through, lol.

Before going to church this evening, I spent all afternoon trying to get a hold of bus transportation. They obviously screwed up this year because several parents were concerned that they haven't gotten anything in the mail from them. The school office just received the list yesterday so there were a lot of parents checking the list to make sure their kid had bus transportation. Of course Shawn's name wasn't on the list. I'm thinking he'll be riding the ESE bus again but they didn't have that list. So, I tried and tried to get a hold of bus transportation all afternoon. I would either get a busy signal, a sound that I never heard before (kind of a cross between a ring and a busy signal), a disconnect sound (like someone picked up and then hung up), or a message from the operator telling me "I'm sorry but your call did not go through. Please try again". I guess everyone in the county was trying to call them today. We'll be waiting for a call this weekend from his bus driver telling us when they are going to pick Shawn up on Monday morning and if we don't hear anything, we'll just drive him to school and try to figure it out on Monday.

3 comments:

Melodie said...

I got the girls' bus number and assigned stop when we were at their school last night, but I forgot to check on the time the bus will arrive. I'm going to call my neighbor down the street tomorrow to see if she ever got through to transportation today, and if she did, get the time from her. No one that I know has gotten their info from transportation yet.

Working Mama said...

I hope the Blessed Mother will forgive us but we did not go to mass yesterday. I planned to go to the 5:30 with Don & the boys - I'm with you on how that timing is for kids...but was waiting on Don & waiting on Don and he didn't get home in time & I just couldn't tackle them both in mass at that time. Don has beening doing repairs & painting in the kindergarten classrooms at St. Stephen's actually so that's where he was ....they didn't call him to ask for repairs to be done until a week ago! Hello?? School is starting! So he was working late to get it all done last night. Please Blessed Mother, forgive me!

I hope your bus stuff gets worked out this weekend!!

Debbie said...

I heard something on the news last night that they will be working on the whole bus issue all weekend. There is some # to call, which you probably already have...I heard it on either ABC Action news or Fox News. Whichever will have the info posted on their website. I also heard that their phone lines and power were knocked out this week after being struck by lightning. The Superintendent was completely apologic which I was impressed with...especially when it was something with Mother Nature and could not really be avoided.

Hopefully you will have everything worked out...Good Luck with the first day...When are you officially starting to take children? I will start sorting through the girl's things after school gets underway. That was one of my intentions this summer did not really get off the ground. LOL!