Saturday, August 9, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new

I could not take it anymore; my long hair that is. It was just too long to do anything with, it was heavy, it took too long to clean, etc. I was going to try and wait until I had 10" to donate to Locks of Love but I just couldn't stand it anymore. We had an appointment on Tuesday to get our portraits done for our church directory. So when I came home from church on Sunday I made an appointment for that day to get my haircut. I feel so free!!! My head is much lighter now. She took off 6". I'm glad I didn't wait now. I'm not sure if I would have wanted to get a shorter cut but even if I did, I would have had to wait a few more months to have 10".

I found a picture of the haircut I wanted and the girl in the picture had her hair highlighted. When I showed Don the cut I was going to get, I mentioned that I would like to get my hair highlighted like that some day. He said I should do it now. I told him that the reason I've never highlighted my hair before is because it's so expensive and you have to keep doing it. Then he told me that some times a woman needs to pamper herself and that I should just have it done. That was the sweetest thing. I always do without because of our finances. It's the main reason I was letting my hair grow out; to save money. So when I took the boys to get their haircuts on Tuesday, I made an appointment for me to get my hair highlighted today. You'll have to wait for a picture though. As soon as I got home, Don rushed off to work at Lowe's so I'll have him take a picture tonight when he comes home.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see the pictures...I'm sure it looks beautiful.

How nice of Don to say that to you!!! Its true, us as woman and mom's tend to make sacrifices first, not saying that our husbands wouldn't. But how nice for him to acknowledge that tell you to go for it!!!

Melodie said...

I can't wait to see your new "do". It was really nice of Don to say what he did. He must really love you!

Working Mama said...

I cannot wait to see it!!! Did you go to Sally? I only ask because I just went to see her for the first time & she started rattling off the BAM members that have come to see her & she mentioned you too. I had no idea so many in our group or former groupies had used her. Regardless, I am excited to see your cut & color! That is really sweet of Don - men don't always "get" that whole thing so it is really wonderful when they get it & have the timing to boot!

Karen said...

No, I didn’t go to Sally. When I got my haircut, it was on a Sunday and I wasn’t sure if they were open so I just went to Regis and took my chances. I was going to make an appointment with Sally to get my hair highlighted but I went ahead with Casey since she was cutting Shawn and Joshua’s hair. I did see Sally today though :-)