Friday, September 26, 2008

Toxic Bubbles

Some of you may know that I volunteered to help out with religious ed this year. I'm the kindergarten teacher's helper. Next year, I need to volunteer earlier so I can get the teachers position because I've realized that I have serious control issues, lol. It's very hard for me to keep my mouth shut. It was even harder this past Wednesday when the religious ed subject was water. The teacher brought in a project to make your own bubbles. The recipe called for dish detergent so she brought in automatic dishwasher detergent. Hello, can you say toxic??? Where has she been the last 10 years? Her son is in the class so it's not like she doesn't have kids. How can you be so clueless? I would never want my 5 yr. old to be playing with automatic dishwasher detergent. She didn't even buy the environmentally safe kind either, she bought walmart brand. She still did the project even after I expressed my concerns. I was watching the kids very carefully to make sure no one put the lips too close to try and blow bubbles. Thankfully the project didn't work and she brought out the store bought bubbles for the kids to play with.

2 comments:

xss123 said...

Isn't it funny after we grow up and have kids how aware of things we become. We did no care about our own self destruction when we were on our own with no one to watch over us. However now we go to all cost to read the labels, put on the helments, and buckle the seatbelts. I think it is a noble cause to protect the species and the environment for the future. How many times have you been driving and someone pulls up next to you with three or four kids in the car with all the windows up smoking, I always think man that poor kid is a prisoner.

Debbie said...

Wow, that was strange...And isn't funny about karma...you were uncomfortable with the detergent she used (still do not get that....isn't that more common sense anyway) and the bubbles didn't work...Hmmm!

Good for you about speaking your mind, even though they weren't truly heard!!