Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting ready for Halloween

It almost seems kind of early to worry about Halloween but it really isn't that far away. I saw a super cute costume for Joshua a couple weeks ago in an Oriental Trading catalog but when I decided to go ahead and buy it last night, it was sold out :(

Of course I was able to find it somewhere else and if you want to see the costume, click here.

Shawn keeps flipping back and forth on whether to be a Storm Trooper or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Right now it's Obi-Wan which I'm happy about because he won't have to wear a helmet. I'm just not sure what size to get him. It comes in sizes 4/6, 8/10, 12/14. He wears a size 6 clothes but I wonder if the 4/6 will be too small. I definitely think the 8/10 will be too big. Where is the size 6/8???? LOL! That's the size he needs.

4 comments:

Melodie said...

You should get the larger size. If it's too long, you can either tie it up at the waist or do a quick hem with masking tape to make it fit. And then it'll fit him again next year if he decided to wear it again.

Karen said...

Well, I found a sizing chart and according to the chart, he should fit into a size 4/6 but it still makes me nervous. I measured his height yesterday and he is 46". I didn't bother with his waist because he is so skinny and I don't think it would determine size for him. This sizing chart is for the costume brand that we are looking at.


Children's Sizes
Size Height Waist
2/4 35" - 39" 22" - 24"
4/6 44"- 48" 25" - 26"
8/10 50" - 54" 27" - 30"
12/14 56" - 60" 31" - 34"

RB childrens measurement diagram

Karen said...

It looks like the diagram shrunk after I posted it but it starts with the size and then the next set of numbers are the height and then waist measurements.

Karen said...

Update: I ordered the 4/6 and when it arrived, I had Shawn try it on. It fits perfectly!!! So glad I didn't order the larger size.