Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Time...

Well, it's definitely summer time here in the Taylor household. We have been to the pool 4 times in the past week. That's a lot for us since we don't have a pool in our backyard. Today we met with one of our friends in our neighborhood and Shawn finally got to play with a boy. It was really good for him too because Zachary is a really good swimmer so it challenged him. The first time Holly brought her girls to swim with us, Shawn pretty much stayed by the steps. The second time Holly met us at the pool, Shawn was jumping in the deep end with Erin and Maggie. Today, Shawn was all over the place. I think it's really good practice for him so now I'm thinking it's a good idea to keep going as much as possible so he can get lots of practice. It's good exercise and it's cheap too. Joshua is also starting to relax a little in the water. I can't afford to pay for swim lessons right now so I'm just going to try and work with him myself this summer and see how it goes. Hopefully by next year, we can get him swim lessons.

Shawn stayed with my parents this past weekend and my dad took him fishing for the first time. They didn't catch anything though. Here's some pictures my dad took:





1 comments:

Debbie said...

Shawn looks like a natural holding the fishing pole!!!

I couldn't afford swimming lessons at the time, with Elizabeth. She had learned to swim through me and now she can swim underwater, the length of our pool. I decided that I would do the same for Jillian....Knowing what you have credentialing for regarding a day care, I'm sure that you know a lot of the safety things that are important too, so that's an additional plus!!! I had that from the lifeguarding and really thought that it would be harder to "train" your own child, and it wasn't...