Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stressed!!!

Today was just a little stressful. Besides spending the day at VBS, I had to stop at the store on the way home to pick up a few ingredients for dinner. That wasn't really the stressful part. The stressful part was that I took 3 exams tonight and I still needed to study for 2 of them. I also volunteered to contribute to the VBS evening dinner tonight. My MOMS ministry was providing the dinner tonight. Plus, I had a sink full of dishes. I definitely needed to prioritize and studying won out. So I studied as best as I could for 1 1/2 hrs while Joshua took his nap. Then I woke him up at 3:30pm so I could drop off my food at the school. Thankfully, Don got home at 4:30pm today so as soon as we got home, I started studying again. I didn't get to study the material for the 3rd test but since we just went over it on Saturday, I was kind of hoping it was still fresh in my memory.

Don did a lot for me tonight so I have to give him props. He finished dinner, did a load of dishes (yes, I had so many dirty dishes it required 2 loads), fed the kids, put the kids to bed (well kind of, they were still awake when I got home and I had to go into their room and set them straight), and made some almond flour pancakes for breakfast the next couple of days.

I have no idea how I did on my exams. The first and last seemed pretty easy but only time will tell. The second one was hard. I knew it was going to be hard and I spent the most time studying for that one. I'm hoping that it payed off but I truly have no idea how I did on that one.

Once I got home and ate my dinner, I had to prepare for tomorrow's lesson for VBS. I had prepared for the first 3 days and thought that by today, I would have an idea how I was going to spend my 30 minute lesson. Of course I'm not prepared so I had to read over the material and figure out what I was going to say and what activities we would do. I had to write out the Bible Verse of the day on poster board, get all the tree top critters of the day out of their bags and put them in my bag for tomorrow so I wouldn't forget them, and put 2 bottles of water in the fridge for tomorrow. I'll just be glad when I wake up tomorrow and the stress will be behind me. Of course then I have to prepare for Friday's lesson, lol.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Yikes! I'd be stressed, too, if I had to do all of that in one day.

Debbie said...

Can't wait to hear the good news on passing ALL the test with flying colors...which I'm sure you did!!!