Thursday, May 1, 2008

That didn't last very long!

I knew it wouldn't go so smoothly. About 10 minutes after I left the room, Joshua started crying. I went in there and he was really upset. I tried to explain to him that he was sleeping in the big boy bed tonight but he didn't want anything to do with it. I took him to his room and rocked him in the rocking chair for a little while. My plan was to make him fall to sleep and then transfer him to the other bed but he wouldn't fall completely asleep. I ended up taking him back to Shawn's room and put him in his bed but he kept getting up and thought it was funny so I left the room and locked the door. When he got out of bed and tried to open the door, he freaked but I just yelled to him to get back in his bed and I wasn't coming in until he was in his bed (Shawn let me know when he was in his bed). I told Joshua that I would stay next to his bed until he fell asleep but if he tried to get up, I was going to leave. I think I might have left the room 2 more times before he finally got it. He finally fell asleep at 8:45pm. I'm praying that he sleeps through the night but I have a feeling it's going to be a long night!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well? How did the whole night go? I'm on PINS and NEEDLES!!