Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day. Don had to work today but I still had a nice day. Don made breakfast this morning before he went to work and also loaded up the dishwasher. He gave me a nice card this morning that actually had some meaning and not just a funny card. I didn't find out about this until later but Shawn mentioned to Don that he didn't make me a card and Don felt really bad but told Shawn not to worry about it that he'll take care of it when he got home from work.

I took both kids to church this morning (8am mass). It was long because they had 3 baptisms, ugh. The kids did great the first half but I was ready to pull out my hair by the end of mass. After we came home, I gave the kids a snack then we ran over to Publix to pick up a few things. I fixed us lunch and after lunch, I asked Shawn if he wanted any toys out of his room while Joshua takes a nap and he asked for his craft bins. I laid down in Shawn's bed while Joshua was napping and when Joshua woke up, Shawn gave me this lovely card he made:


If you can't tell, that's Sponge Bob and Squidward with what I think are a couple of jelly fish, lol. Not sure what the pom poms and feathers are for.

When Don came home from work, he told me that he needed to borrow Shawn for a couple of minutes. I told him that he made me a card and that's when Don told me Shawn was upset this morning because he didn't have a card for me. Anyway, Don got Shawn and Joshua and they went out to the garage for a few minutes and then came in with these (minus the vase):

So, maybe not a perfect Mother's Day since I still had to take care of the kids and feed them all day but still a nice day.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

That is absolutely precious - there is nothing on this earth more precious than something handmade from your child! Hope you had a great day - you deserve it!

Debbie said...

Shawn did a beautiful job on your card....How sad that he felt sad....But he knew what he wanted to accomplish and he did so, without you even knowing it...THAT is special....

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Scarlett said...

Love the card! So cute!

Melodie said...

I love that he made you the card all by himself - without a teacher or parent telling him to. And that is an excellent Sponge Bob!