Monday, May 19, 2008

Catching up

I thought I should post something since it's been awhile, lol. We went to Kandee's uncle's blueberry farm on Saturday and we picked 6lbs and bought two small blueberry plants. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet because we don't really have a place to plant them yet, lol. Hopefully, they won't die before we can plant them. I washed and froze about 3 lbs of the blueberries but I still have to wash the rest. I don't think the blueberries are going to last as long as I would like them to. Joshua was filthy when we left, but Kandee was still gracious enough to let us visit for a while.

Oh, I just remembered something funny. We were at the store the other day picking up a few things. One of the things I had to get was eggs. Shawn saw the brown eggs and he begged me to get the "chocolate eggs", lol. I tried to explain that they weren't chocolate but I don't think he believed me.

I bought a couple of new bathing suits for Shawn today. Can someone please tell me why they don't put real drawstrings in toddler bathing suits??? The bigger sizes have real drawstrings but the toddler ones have fake for show drawstrings. Do they not realize that there are skinny toddlers out here??? I found a bathing suit for Joshua with a real drawstring at the Children's Place a few months ago. I guess I need to go back and see if they still have anymore. Now that it's getting hotter out, I would like to start going to the pool.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

I don't know if they are still on sale, but when I went to TCP the other day (Thursday?) to get Katie some swimsuits, they were all 25% off.

Scarlett said...

I've been wondering the same thing (about the drawstrings) for years. What are the fake ones for??? Skinny boys NEED real drawstrings!

Kandee said...

Glad you had fun visiting us. We enjoy having friends over...even impromptu visits.

Kandee said...

Glad you had fun visiting us. We enjoy having friends over...even impromptu visits.

Karen said...

Thanks for the tip Melodie. I went to TCP today and they only had 2 styles of toddler boy bathing suits (that's a vent for another time). We already had one of the styles and I didn't care for the other style. I did get Joshua some $5.00 water shoes though :) I ended up ordering some bathing suits from TCP website since they had more styles. They were still on sale and I had a code for 15% off so that kind of offset the $5.00 shipping cost.