Saturday, October 25, 2008

Flashback

I have saved a lot of things from my childhood. One thing that I saved is this:





My collection of 45 RPM records. It's kind of embarrassing to look at. I can't believe I used to listen to some of these, lol. For all you youngsters, this was before MP3, CD's, and cassette tapes, lol. I'm going to list the contents without leaving any out no matter how embarrassing it is. Enjoy!

The first record I pulled out was Pat Benatar - side A "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", side B Prisoner of Love
* Men at Work - side A Down Under, side B Crazy
* Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - side A I Love Rock 'N Roll, side B You Don't Know What You've Got
* John Cougar - side A Jack & Diane, side B Can You Take It
* Go-Go's - side A We Got The Beat, side B Can't Stop The World
* Joe Jackson - side A Steppin' Out, side B Chinatown
* The Manhattan Transfer - side A Boy From New York City, side B (The Word Of) Confirmation
* Pointer Sisters - side A He's So Shy, side B Fire
* Olivia Newton-John - side A Physical, side B The Promise
* Duran Duran - side A & B Hungry Like The Wolf
* Steve Miller Band - side A ABRACADABRA, side B Baby Wanna Dance
* Rick Springfield - side A Jessie's Girl, side B Carry Me Away
* Duran Duran - side A Rio, side B Hold Back The Rain
* Blondie - side A The Tide Is High, side B Suzy And Jeffrey
* Sheena Easton - side A Morning Train, side B Calm Before The Storm
* Juice Newton - side A Queen Of Hearts, side B River Of Love
* The Human League - side A Don't You Want Me, side B Seconds
* The J. Geils Band - side A Centerfold, side B Rage In The Cage
* Laura Branigan - side A Gloria, side B Living a Lie
* Olivia Newton-John - side A Twist Of Fate, side B Take A Chance
* Paul McCartney/Michael Jackson - side A Say Say Say, side B Ode To A Koala Bear
* Phil Collins - side A You Can't Hurry Love, side B Do You Know, Do You Care?
* The Romantics - side A Talking In Your Sleep, side B I'm Hip
* Talking Heads - side A Burning Down The House, side B I Get Wild/Wild Gravity
* USA For Africa - side A We Are The World, side B Quincy Jones - Grace
* Billy Ocean - side A Suddenly, side B Lucky Man
* Journey - side A Separate Ways, side B Frontiers
* Styx - side A Don't Let It End, side B Rockin' The Paradise
* Paul Davis - side A '65 Love Affair, side B We're Still Together
* Survivor - side A Eye Of The Tiger, side B Take You On A Saturday
* Mathew Wilder - side A & B Break My Stride
* Limahl- side A The NeverEnding Story, side B Ivory Tower
* Joey Scarbury - side A The Theme From "The Greatest American Hero", side B That Little Bit Of Us
* Quiet Riot - side A Cum On Feel The Noize, side B Run For Cover
* Bonnie Tyler - side A Total Eclipse Of The Heart, side B Straight From The Heart
* David Lee Roth - side A & B Just A Gigolo I Ain't Got Nobody
* Air Supply - side A Making Love Out Of Nothing At All, side B Late Again
* Survivor - side A I Can't Hold Back, side B I see You In Everyone
* Dirty Dancing - side A (I've Had) The Time Of My Life, side B Love Is Strange
* Bee Gees - side A You Win Again, side B Backtafunk
* George Michael - side A & B Monkey
* Prince - side A You Got The Look, side B HouseQuake
* Aerosmith - side A Angel, side B Girl Keeps Coming Apart
* Elton John - side A Candle In The Wind, side B Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
* The Nylons - side A Kiss Him Goodbye, side B It's What They Call Magic
* Toto - side A Pamela, side B The Seventh One
* Bangles - side A Hazy Shade Of Winter, side B Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - She's Lost You
* Chris De Burgh - side A The Lady In Red, side B The Vision
* 38 Special - side A Teacher Teacher, side B Twentieth Century Fox
* Chicago - side A If She Would Have Been Faithful..., side B Forever
* Billy Ocean - side A & B Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)

On my behalf, I'm pretty sure all of these were purchased before I got out of elementary school. My taste in music definitely got better as I got older, lol.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

OMG, why would you say that your taste improved...I still would listen to a lot of those songs...I had over 500 albums, not worth anything, but no turntable, needed room, etc...I actually gave them away on Freecycle...Remember those little "do-hickies" that you put in the center of the 45's or that insert to the turntable you use...The Good Ole' Days...Now, kids only know CD's or MP3 things, which we will wait for those...LOL!

Melodie said...

1. I had almost all of those 45s, and a whole lot more.

2. Since I know you're about my age, I'm going to have to say that at least one or two of those records were purchased AFTER elementary school (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Karen said...

Melodie, I think I'm a couple of years older than you.

Melodie said...

Maybe a couple, but I still consider that to be "about" my age. And I'll be 35 in about 3 1/2 weeks here.

Working Mama said...

Hey! I owned the whole ALBUM for most of those & I bought them in High School. I LOVE that music - that's what I grew up on! And don't make me feel old by telling me you bought those in elementary school either! LOL!