Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

I remember how much I loved Halloween when I was a kid. I usually made my own costume and loved decorating the house. I'm not sure when that changed. I still dressed up as an adult to hand out candy. I love Halloween but I think since having kids something happened. I think it must have something to do with time. I have Halloween decorations (some) sitting in my garage and never put them up. I'm not sure why. Shawn asked me about them twice and I told him not right now (it actually wasn't good times) but I never made the effort to get them put up. Oh well, there's always next year.

Shawn was Obi Wan Kenobi and Joshua was a golfer. They were both very excited about going TOTing. When I picked up Shawn from the bus, he told me how excited he was. I told him I was too but he said no, not because of Halloween, he was excited because Mrs. Howard gave him the books we ordered from Scholastic. That's my boy, lol. Last year, I bought a flashlight that made all kinds of spooky sounds but forgot to use. I made sure to get it out this year and the boys played with it until dinner. We finally got them dressed and took some pictures and then it was off to go TOTing. Our first stop was our next door neighbor and their daughter answered as a witch. She had a mask on and Joshua was not too keen about it. He was a little leary to go up to anymore houses after that. Someone pretty much had to carry him. That got a little old. I took Joshua back to the house a little early (I was getting a little chilly anyway). Since the boys can't eat candy on the diet that we're on, I got them little cheap toys and put them into halloween pumpkins to exchange for the candy. Shawn also got a Lego Star Wars toy since he was a little harder to convince about giving up the candy. So anyway, here's some pictures from last night:





4 comments:

Karlise said...

They looked so cute Karen!!

Working Mama said...

they look cute - LOVED the golfer costume!

Melodie said...

Great costumes! Joshua looks cute adorable with that golf hat on!

Debbie said...

The boys look great..I saw a very authentic Darth Vader and the other one all in white (I never seen any Star Wars so I do not know the names:)