Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Banyan Tree

So the kids and I took advantage of Cypress Gardens $5.00 admissions today. The weather was perfect! We went to church last night so we could get to the park as soon as it opened. It didn't start getting crowded until about 2pm and we were all most ready to leave by then. We didn't eat until around 1pm and decided to find a quiet spot in the gardens to eat especially since I brought our food and you aren't supposed to bring food into the park, lol. Afterward, my dad took Shawn on some more rides and my mom, Joshua, and I took a walk around the gardens. This was my 3rd time at Cypress Gardens but only my first time touring the gardens. Imagine my surprise when I saw this huge tree called the Banyan Tree. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



Ummm, yes that is all one tree. It's even bigger than what I could fit into the pictures. Pretty neat! Here's some more pictures of our day:

4 comments:

Melodie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I've never been to Cypress Gardens, but Emily has. She even had an essay she wrote about it published in the Tribune when she was in fourth grade.

Debbie said...

Looks like it's a fun place, and beautiful too! My husband was there many, many years ago, before they fixed it all up...I definitely need to consider taking the girls....They would love it...Thanks!

Working Mama said...

Looks great, Karen! We have never been but I will definitely try it sometime. I love those Banyan trees. When we lived in Naples there were a lot of them in places. The Edison/Ford winter estate is covered with them. They are very cool. You guys look great!

Holly said...

Beautiful pictures!!! You look great btw! It's been such a long time since I've seen you!

Oh, and I tagged you with a blog challenge! See my blog for instructions!
http://mom2erma.blogspot.com/