Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things are growing

Last year during the fall, Don and I decided we wanted to grow some veggies. Neither one of us have ever had a garden before but I was determined to grow something. The cost of fruit and veggies at the store was getting ridiculous and unless you buy organic, you don't really know what's been sprayed and what you're eating. Since our yard isn't very big, we decided to do a square foot garden. We got everything set up last fall but then never planted anything :(

Well now it's spring and thanks to my friend Julie's husband David, we knew what to plant and got a few things into the ground. I'm so excited because I really didn't have high expectations for this planting season since it's our first time but we have a few things popping up. I just hope I can keep them alive until we can harvest our bounty. Here's a few pictures of our progress:



3 comments:

Heather said...

very cool! My brother has a garden plot in at his place in NJ, and he says we can use it. I'm excited!

David said...

Your garden looks great, can't wait to see the results!!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Our garden is getting close to having a few things to harvest. I can't WAIT!!!!